Compatible Operating Systems: LynxOS, LynxOS-178, BlueCat Linux, LynxOS SE, Windows
Supported Architectures: Intel® Pentium® processor X86 (Intel® Virtualization Technolgy)
With the introduction of the new LynxSecure separation kernel and embedded hypervisor, LynuxWorks™ once again raises the bar when it comes to superior embedded software security and safety. LynxSecure expands on the proven real-time capabilities of the LynxOS® real-time operating system (RTOS) with time-space partitioning and operating-system virtualization.
The LynxSecure separation kernel is a virtual machine monitor that is certifiable to (a) Common Criteria EAL- 7 security certification (Evaluated Assurance Level 7), which is a level of certification unattained by any known operating system to date; and (b) DO-178B level A, the highest level of FAA certification for safetycritical avionics applications. LynxSecure conforms to the Multiple Independent Levels of Security/Safety (MILS) architecture.
The embedded hypervisor component to LynxSecure allows multiple “guest” operating systems to run in their own secure partitions. These can be run in either paravirtualized or fully virtualized modes, helping to preserve legacy applications and OSes in systems that now have a security requirement.
FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Optimal security and safety- the only operating system to support CC EAL-7 and DO-178B level A
- Real time- time-space partitioned RTOS for superior determinism and performance
- Virtualization technology- supports multiple heterogeneous operating system environments on the same physical hardware using Intel® Virtualization technology hardware, including Windows and Linux
- Highly scalable- supports Symmetric MultiProcessing (SMP) and 64-bit addressing for high-end scalability
- Support for open standards- supports 100% binary compatibility for Linux or POSIX-based software application to migrate to a highly robust, secure environment
Safety-Critical Applications, Military & Aerospace, Security, Communications, Medical, Gaming, Industrial Control, POS, Storage